I HAVE JUST REALISED IT

If you have been keeping up with my blog, you will know that I have resumed work since yesterday evening.. My department was asked to do an assets inventory.. This is my third time in doing this inventory because this kind of inventory is actually being held out once in every 6 months (thank god).. This time, Miss Evon, Esther, Ahmad, Razie and I took part in this inventory together – for the first time..

Last night’s inventory was a bit different.. It made me noticed something that I have not noticed in the past two inventories (which I know I should).. I have always thought that the 2nd most easiest job in any hotel industry is steward (while the 1st would of course be the GM :P).. But this time’s inventory made me realize that I was wrong.. I have found out that steward has a huge responsibility to hold.. They are in charge of making sure that everything in the kitchen or outlet (and also a small part of back-of-the-house) is squeaky clean.. It might sound silly to some people because all I have highlighted about their job scope is that they are in charge of kitchen and outlet.. But you have to know that they are not there just to wash up the dishes and cutleries.. They are there to wash up basically the whole kitchen, including the kitchen utensils (example: the woks, frying pans, ladles, the stove, etc).. And may I highlight, the stove is not our regular home stove.. It is those heavy duty stoves that mainly hotels or restaurants uses..

At night, after all the outlet’s operation hours, they have to stay behind and clean up the floors and making sure that all the cutleries, silverwares, glasswares, chinawares and all the kitchen utensils are at their respective places-and they all have to double check everything before they leave..
So overall I enjoyed this inventory very much because it had made me understand deeper on a sentence which my mother has taught me since I was very young-DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.. Thanks mom!!

And for the record, I feel very happy for being able to have a night of silence all by myself after the inventory.. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment